Upcoming Technical Training Sessions from Unico, Fujitsu, and Napoleon!
We just added nine(!) new training sessions to our events page. In the coming months, professionals from Unico, Fujitsu, and Napoleon will be making the trip to Chicagoland to host free technical training events for Able’s contractors. All the details are below, be sure to use our events page to RSVP as space is limited!
Unico Training – March 20/21
Unico, Able, and A-to-Z Sales are teaming up to bring you a comprehensive Unico field training experience. There will be two identical sessions of six hours and each session will only have 20 available spots, so don’t hesitate to RSVP early and guarantee your spot!
Unico trainer Jason Church will be leading these classes which cover everything from a basic overview of the brand to installation and troubleshooting. There will also be a section detailing how to incorporate a Bosch inverter-driven condenser into a Unico system.
Whether you’re new to small-duct high-velocity HVAC or you’re just looking for a refresher, this class will leave you feeling confident and ready to tackle any application. Check out all of the details below and don’t forget to RSVP!
Overview & Installation
- History of Unico
- Principles of SDHV (small-duct high-velocity)
- Principles of Aspiration
- Duct Pressure/Static Regain
- Applications & Benefits
- Equipment Selection
- Understanding Unico Nomenclature
- Sizing Equipment
- Duct Design
- Calculating Airflow
- Installation of Ducting & Proper Insulation Techniques
- Refrigerant Piping
- Adjusting Airflow with PSC and EC motors
- Control Board Adjustments & Setup
- PSC Motors
- Circuit Board
- Anti-Frost Switches
- System Charging
Bosch Inverter Series
- Overview of Bosch Inverter Compressors
- Features and Benefits
- Model Selection & Nomenclature
- Piping Sizing & Installation
- Wall-Mount Unit Installations
- Ducted Unit Installations
- Communication Wiring
- Low-Voltage Wiring
- Line-Voltage Wiring
- SEER Ratings
- System Setup & Calibration
- Editing System Parameters
- Troubleshooting Error Codes & System Operation
- Calculating Airflow
WHEN & WHERE
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 – 9am to 3pm
Thursday, March 21st, 2019 – 9am to 3pm
2460 Wisconsin Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Fujitsu Tech 101 – April 16/18/23/25
This April, we will be bringing Fujitsu’s Tech 101 class to all four Able locations! These sessions are perfect for anyone looking to become a bit more familiar with Fujitsu’s Halcyon product line of single and multi-zone systems. Kevin Booker, who brings more than three decades of HVAC experience, will be hosting the classes. To get all of the details on what’s being taught and reserve your spot in the class of your choosing, just keep reading.
101-1 Product Overview
This section of the course will ensure familiarity with Fujitsu’s product line. The differences and benefits of different models and systems will be emphasized and you’ll learn to assess which units are best suited for different applications.
Covers everything you need to know to install both indoor and outdoor units. You will also learn how to select the ideal installation location.
101-5 Indoor System Troubleshooting
The final module covers the ins and outs of servicing and maintaining Fujitsu indoor units. Learn everything from diagnosing the issue through error codes to step-by-step servicing; you’ll be an expert by the time you finish!
WHEN & WHERE
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 – 5pm to 9pm
Able Distributors Chicago
2501 N. Central Avenue
Chicago, IL 60639
Thursday, April 18th, 2019 – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
Able Distributors South Side
2845 W 48th Place
Chicago, IL 60632
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
Able Distributors Northshore
2423 Main Street
Evanston, IL 60202
Thursday, April 25th, 2019 – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
Able Distributors McHenry
4506 Hi-Point Road
McHenry, IL 60050
Napoleon Technical Training Sessions – April 9/10/11
Napoleon and Able are teaming up to present three FREE one-day training sessions designed to get you ready for the summer. These courses will cover A/C installation, A/C troubleshooting, and condo pack installation and service. Each class will cover a different topic and space is limited, so be sure to RSVP for all sessions in which you are interested.
For these classes, we are using Eventbrite for RSVPs; to reserve your spot, just use the links at the bottom of this post.
Day One – A/C Installation
- Location of unit
- Coil installation – cased and uncased
- Refrigerant piping, routing, purging, and brazing
- Pressure testing, and evacuation
- Wiring unit, control and power
- Commissioning the unit and confirming correct operation
Day Two – A/C Troubleshooting
- Review troubleshooting charts
- How refrigerants move heat
- Diagnostics of refrigerant cycle and components
- Testing and replacing electrical components
- Power supply
- How Electrical and Refrigerant components work
- Testing and replacing refrigerant components
- Refrigerant recovery & charging
- Commissioning and testing
Day Three – Condo Pack Installation & Service
- Types of installations and location requirements
- Installing the wall sleeve
- Base/platform requirements
- Power Supply, gas supply, ductwork connections, condensate drainage
- Heat rise and fan speed selection
- Superheat and Sub-Cooling Checks and Adjustments
- Commissioning the unit
When & Where
All three sessions will be taking place from 8am to 4:30pm at the Holiday Inn in Skokie. To reserve your spot in a class, just click through the link for the applicable day below the hotel’s address and click “register”.
Holiday Inn Skokie
5300 W. Touhy Ave.
Skokie, IL 60077
Please bring hand tools & a multi-meter to class with you.